positivity

positivity

Thursday 17 April 2014

Strange week

Hello,

Hope everyone's had a good week, my working is finished now thanks to a glorious bank holiday weekend. I think this is first full one I've taken off ever! I usually work bank holidays so I'm taking advantage of this one.

I've had a bit of a weird week this week, I've felt quite ill but not in a normal way. I thought I was maybe coming down with something as that's what it felt like, lots of people around me seem to have colds & bugs & all sorts but it never quite materialised into anything like that. All I know is I felt rough! I've never felt so drained of energy before, literally thinking & speaking was a huge effort on one day & I kept saying words wrong. It was a bit scary actually. I came home from work & had to lie down, I didn't move for at least two hours, I wasn't even asleep just couldn't summon the energy to move.

I do feel a bit better now & I've come to the conclusion that the reason it's eased off is because I've realised just how much I've been worrying about certain things just lately. I'm a stress head anyway & If I don't keep it in check it manifests itself physically until I take notice & make a mental effort to put it in perspective. It's weird coz in some ways I'm quite laid back & can't get bothered about stuff but the flip side of that is that I'm a huge worrier - I'm a contradiction, in more ways that one. I really irritate myself with my contrasting personality traits sometimes haha! Anyway the racing heart & shortness of breath has pretty much stopped now & every time I catch myself worrying I have a word, put it into context & do something else to occupy my mind. Of course there are some things that will always play on your mind but it's about getting the balance right.

I think it's something that's important to address, everybody has their little things, their quirks & everybody suffers anxiety at some point or another - if you don't, lucky you! Embrace it in your friends & family, be there for them when they've had a bad day or if you sense them struggling & hopefully when you need it they will be kind enough to embrace it in you & give you a hand to help you back up when you're on your way down :)  it takes 2 minutes to do something nice for somebody even if you feel like shit yourself, you never know it might just make your heart sing & lift your spirit to know you helped somebody :)

On a brighter note I accidentally told a customer on the phone that I'd need their house number to make a card payment as they weren't pregnant...I meant to say present (been saying the wrong words all bloody week) so that was fun...& mortifying! Luckily they saw the funny side & we had a laugh!

Look after each other!

Lindsay
Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment